George Z. Georgiou & Associates LLC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This privacy notice is relevant to you because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, trainee, intern or consultant). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. This notice does not form part of any contract with us and may be amended by us at any time.
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data about you:
- The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter.
- The data you have provided when applying with us through our online application form, including first name, last name, telephone number and personal email address.
- Any data you provide to us during an interview.
- Reference letters, transcripts, certificates, any other documentation evidencing your qualifications.
- data we receive from referees (e.g. former employers or any other person you indicate as a referee)
We do not actively request special categories of data during the hiring process such as health conditions, disability etc.
We collect personal data about job applicants from the following sources:
- You, the job applicant.
- Recruitment agency, from which we collect your name and contact details as well as data included in your CV, cover letter and any other relevant documentation.
- Department of Labour or any other relevant professional body depending on the role you are applying for (e.g. CyHRMA).
- Your named referees, from whom we collect and/or confirm the data provided in your CV, cover letter, any other relevant documentation, as well as any other data relating to your professional competencies and character.
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role applied for and/or any other role we may consider you for.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest to hire suitable candidates for our business.
We also need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment, or consultancy agreement or traineeship with you.
Having received your CV, cover letter and application form we will process that data to decide whether you will be invited for an interview. We will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we may conduct reference and open-source checks.
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
We will process and share your personal data only within our HR department and those involved in the hiring process.
We will not share your personal data with any third party other than, recruitment agencies, Department of Labour or any relevant professional body and your named referees, where applicable.
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained by contacting us at [email protected].
We have in place procedures to deal with any data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of such a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We may retain your job application for a period of six months to consider you for any relevant positions that may arise during this period. You have the right to object to the retention of your data. If you want to exercise this right please contact us at [email protected] .
We will retain your personal data for a period up of 12 months in the event of a legal claim related to the hiring process.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact [email protected] in writing.
In the case you have provided us with your consent to contact your named referees for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, you have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact [email protected]. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will not proceed to contact your named referees.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact our data protection officer at [email protected]. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so, please contact us in the first instance.